In this practice we take complaints very seriously and try to ensure that all our patients are pleased with their treatment and experience in our practice. We handle patients complain very serious so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible.
• The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service which we provide is The Practice Manager.
• If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to their complaint and offer to refer him or her to The Practice Manager immediately. If The Practice Manager is not available at the time, the member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on.
• If the patient complains in writing the letter will be passed on immediately to the Practice Manager.
• We will acknowledge the patient’s complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible, normally within three working days. We will seek to investigate the complaint within ten working days of receipt to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint. If the patient does not wish to meet us, then we will attempt to talk to them on the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within ten working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
• We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing immediately after completing our investigation.
• Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received.
• If Patient is not happy with the outcome, information regarding further complaints procedure will be forwarded to them.