Dental Crowns in Bournemouth
Dental crowns are restorations that protect damaged, cracked or broken down teeth. A crown strengthens your existing damaged tooth so as to preserve its functionality. Dental crowns are also commonly known as caps because a crown sits over your existing tooth covering the entire outer surface analogous to how a baseball cap would cover your head.
Why Do I Need A Dental Crown?
- If your tooth has undergone significant decay and there is not enough tooth structure remaining to support a filling or an inlay and maintain functionality.
- If a large portion of your tooth has fractured and it cannot be built up using traditional composite bonding techniques.
- If you have a large cavity, a crown offers additional protection to your tooth over a large composite filling or an inlay.
- If you have had a dental implant to replace a missing tooth, a crown will be fitted to the abutment of the titanium implant.
- Following root canal treatment a crown is often needed to strengthen the tooth.
- If you grind your teeth and have a poor diet, acid erosion may reduce your teeth to a point where the only option available is to crown them.
- For cosmetic reasons to improve the aesthetics of your smile, you may opt for all porcelain cosmetic crowns.
One Hour Crowns and Caps
With state of the art Cerec Technology, Dr. Gorjifar can now offer one hour crowns and caps in his Bournemouth dental surgery. Cerec is a revolutionary system that enables us to design, fabricate and fit a new dental crown in a single visit. This is a procedure that would normally require two to three visits over as many weeks!
One Hour Dental Crowns in Bournemouth
At our private, Southbourne dental practice, Dr. Gorjifar can employ state-of-the-art technology to design, create and place your new dental crowns in a single visit. You’ll spend less time away from work or life to get the work done that you require.
One hour dental crowns also means that you’ll only have to have local anaesthetic injections a single time, as the entire procedure will be carried out in an hour.
No temporary restorations – with one hour crowns, you’ll have no need of temporary caps, crowns, veneers or other restorations. The entire restoration will take place in a single visit, eliminating the possibility that things could go wrong with the temporary crown.
Affordable Dental Crowns
You might think that advanced technology, such as Cerec, would reflect a higher price tag. However, there is often little difference, if any, in price. Cerec Crowns vary in price from as little as £380 up to £700+ per tooth. We offer 0% financing on dental crowns.